It’s really easy to sit at a desk all day and not move further than the photocopier. But including even a small amount of physical activity into your working day can make you feel healthier, happier and more productive.
- Taking the stairs and not the lift (yes, we know it’s been said before, but those steps all add up) – to make it more fun, race your lift-using colleagues without them knowing!
- Having a meeting on the move. Walking meetings are all the rage and are a great way to get some fresh air while you’re working.
- Nipping out at lunchtime and exploring the city. You can cover around 1 mile in 20 minutes, and remember that 10 minutes of brisk walking counts as exercise.
- For more information on fantastic lunchtime routes, visit our journey planner, or get information on footpaths and bridleways in York.
- Start a lunchtime walking or running club, it’s a great way to make work friends and get out the office.
- There are also some great exercises you can do at your desk.